Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Serenbe and Leaves

Mom and Avery and I took Grandma on our annual trip to see the leaves change. If you know my Grandmother, you know this was an interesting trip. I will leave it at that for now. I am sure you can draw your own conclusions. We went to Serenbe, Georgia. It is a cute little farmhouse and a community in the middle of nowhere! It is truly beautiful, but not the most exciting of places. We did feed the animals on the farm including chickens, lamas, goats, sheep, horses (Ace's fave!), cows, and the largest domesticated pigs I have ever seen! One weighed 1200 pounds!

They also had these super cool in-ground trampolines that Avery and I fell in love with! I am thinking 5th birthday present! We have GOT to get one! It is great exercise with much less risk of bodily harm!
We had afternoon tea. Avery and I found a secret fort while RoRo and Ma sat around and drank tea.
But first, she took down a plate of grapes. Is it me, or does she look just a tiny bit scared of who or whatever is right across from her?
Our swanky modern loft we stayed in. You can imagine how many times Grandma said the words, "strange. weird. odd." I don't even want to discuss the Buddha statue on the sofa table (not pictured). Let's just say Grandma left feeling like all of the inhabitants of Serenbe were practicing Buddhists.
Avery entertaining herself in the stark modern kitchen.

It really was a fun trip. Grandma even enjoyed most of it. Girls weekends are nice, but I am glad to be back home with Teej. Avery and I went to the park this morning. The leaves were everywhere. I couldn't get Ace interested in the leaves, because she was waaaay to excited about the dina...sore [dinosaur] slide.
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

oh my goodness, Trace, she just gets cuter and cuter! Can't handle it! Also, cracking up over your grandmother's reaction to modern decor and Buddha statues...

Laura Mielke said...

Tracy! sorry I am just now getting back to you... thank you for your comments on my blog... it means a lot to me that someone cares and can relate... i hear the term that "blogging is dead" so often and don't want that to be true! your pictures are beautiful!