Friday, July 31, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
This is my "kiss me" face. (See below for my response when kissed.)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
1. I can't remember if I posted this already and I am too lazy to go back and read, but she has her 1st tooth! It came in a few weeks ago, and she is loving some hard foods to crunch! Her new favorite thing is to put a cracker, teething biscuit, or carrot in her mouth and gnaw it down! She has enough hand-eye coordination to do it herself, and it can keep her busy for 30 minutes!
2. She can hold her own bottle! Yay!
3. She can sit up on her own, and stay there for several minutes! Then she flops over backwards, so we must still put pillows behind her to break her fall.
4. The kid is almost crawling. She has been scooting and rolling for a while, but she has just now started pulling herself up into the crawl position. She is lacking the coordination to actually start the crawl, so she flops down on her belly and then flails her arms and legs in an effort to move...it's quite funny. I am not looking forward to this milestone though. It means I actually have to baby proof our house and yard which will be extremely difficult!
5. She sleeps through the night (most nights). We are still having an occasional icky night when she isn't feeling well or something is bothering her (temperature, her own scooting that smashes her into the bumpers in her crib, noisy parents, people who want to look at her after she is already asleep). Her normal sleeping schedule is 7pm-6am, and then an hour long morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. If she gets in her naps, she sleeps great. If not, it's going to be a long night for Mommy!
She is just such a joy, and is getting more fun every day!
Monday, July 20, 2009
The funeral was Saturday morning in Mason, Ohio, one of the suburbs of Cincinnati. Afterwards we ate lunch at Beverly's brother house, and then we made our way to the IKEA store before heading to the airport. I heart IKEA. That store is like a McDonald's playplace for adults. When we checked in at the airport, we were told that our flight was delayed. After an hour they said we would not make our connecting flight in Charlotte that would take us our car in Birmingham. So we decided we would rather be stuck in Cincinnati than Charlotte, and we made arrangements to get on the early flight the next morning. Then we called TJ's dad to come back and get us, and we headed to Kentucky Motor Speedway. Grant just happened to be racing the number 83 BeasleyAllen.com car (remember that name) 30 minutes from the airport in Kentucky. Well, when TJ's family heard we were going to the race, they wanted to come too, so Hope, Aunt Tinsey, MiMi, PawPaw, Rick and Sherry all came too! See photo of Aunt Tinsey holding onto Linda less than 30 seconds after meeting her. Honestly, I don't think she has ever met a stranger.
So obviously, we were going to make the best of our situation! Not only did we have a blast, but Grant led 25 laps and almost won the dang thing! See this photo of Floyd as Grant is leading! Not even a smile. (Also notice the flames on his hat. I just want to point out that it is sinful in NASCAR world to not have flames on every article of clothing you own at all times.)
He came in 2nd, so we went down this creepy escalator tunnel and walked over to the infield to congratulate him! It was a great evening. This is where it takes a turn for the worse. We realize after watching the car go through inspection and "tech" (to make sure he wasn't cheating somehow) that it is well after midnight, and we have a very early flight to catch...so we load up and head back to our comped room courtesy of US Airlines. Now, I am sort of a hotel snob, seeing as I work for one. And the Days Inn, just doesn't cut it. I was so creeped out by the 1984 decor and the huge window that and number of strange people could have broken right through and murdered us, I could hardly sleep. Not that it mattered, since we checked in at 1:15 am and checked out at 4:45 am, I didn't really have a opportunity. So we slept on the plane, and arrived home safely to find Avery feeling much better than when we left her, and a only slightly irritated but tired Ama (who really helped us out knowing full well that Avery wasn't sleeping because of her stuffy nose!).
Here is Aves riding Heidi...sorry its random...just had this one saved on my computer. I don't know if Avery or Heidi enjoyed it more! They love each other!
Finally, here is Avery eating squash for the first time. Not sure if she isn't hungry or just doesn't like squash. Did I mention she has a tooth? I think the second one is on its way, so I have been letting her try hard things to knaw on like uncooked carrots, melba toast, and organic pizza crust. Seriously, I don't think she wants to eat regular baby food anymore.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Avery and Da Da horsing around before bedtime. I don't know who had more fun! I lost all my clothes, but the bow remains.
And here is Jenny doing the Britney dance. J-bo, you should quit being a nurse and just dance full time. I hear the Booby Bungalow is hiring.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Avery ate some bananas last night...not the first time, but we got quite a different reaction this time. I mixed them with rice cereal, but I didn't think that would change the flavor. Either way, she gave Searcy and I a good laugh, and I caught a little on video.
In other news, my Granny passed away last weekend. It was very sad, but she had a wonderful 85 years, and she lived long enough to meet her first great grand baby Avery. She will be missed.
I can hold my own bottle now! Mommy is so proud! (It makes her life much easier now that I can feed myself sometimes!)
I kicked and splashed! I only got mad when I splashed water in my own face.
Any guesses on what she is doing here? I'll give you one hint: Clean diaper needed after this photo was taken.
Friday, July 3, 2009
She was upside down, on her back, and playing with her hands. As you can see, the paci was long gone, and although her eyes are closed in the photo, she was awake and happy. She always beats the flash on my phone.