Friday, July 31, 2009

Your science lesson for the day.

We have all been sick in the past week! TJ started it with a tummy bug last Thursday. Avery couldn't sleep, which means I couldn't sleep, and she ended up with an ear infection on Monday. So I stayed home with her through Tuesday, and then Wednesday night I woke up with a fever and chills and a killer sore throat. Turns out to be strep. Eew. Feeling much better today, but still have a bit of an ache in the throat. Yay Z pack. I hate taking antibiotics. But, when you need them, you need them. Disclaimer: Please try not to take antibiotics for a cold. It will not help. The cold and the flu are viruses. Bacterial infections are targeted by antibiotics. The common ones are strep, staph, and unfortunately MRSA (the drug resistant bacteria usually found in hospitals-if that doesn't gross you out, then I don't know what will). Taking antibiotics for a virus (60% of all infections are viruses) will only increase your chance of developing resistance to them (making them less effective when you actually have a bacterial infection). Ok, I am off my soap box. If anyone is still reading, see my cute baby below.

Bath time.

Video at bath time.

No comments: