Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thank you!!!

I need to thank some people. This has been a wonderful experience for both Avery and me, and it is mostly due to the generosity and kindness of the following people:
Mom (Ama)-thank you for the countless hours you counseled me, consoled me, and helped me figure this motherhood stuff out...not to mention all of the grandmotherly things like babysitting, coming to my rescue when I needed a break, and cooking and cleaning around our house, so I wouldn't go insane!
Ms. Beverly (Mimi)-thank you for all of your gifts for Avery, words of encouragement, your non-judgemental attitude towards a daughter in law who doesn't know everything but thinks she does, and of course for babysitting when TJ and I needed to get out and have a conversation that didn't revolve around the baby!
Dad (G Daddy)-for letting mom buy way too much baby gear and being an incredible grandfather to our baby.
Mr. Mike (Grandaddy)-for letting Beverly buy too much baby gear, and stories of your children when they were little!
Beverly Reed- Thank you for keeping my house manageable when I did not have the strength or energy but needed it the most!
Grandma (Rosie)- Thanks for spending time with me when I was feeling the post-pardum blues, and needed help caring for Aves.
Our neighbors- who brought food, and don't yell at me when our dogs get into their yards, again!
My dear, dear friends Allison and her husband Michael who did it right before us (literally), and held our hands every step of the way. Your insight and gifts were tremendously helpful, and I have tried to pass it along to others who needed your parenting wisdom! I heart the Bratz fishing pole btw!
Searcy (the best friend a girl could ask for)- who has babysat, hugged on, and loved my little girl as much as I do! Thank you for helping me and keeping me grounded throughout this whole process! I am so glad you are in Montgomery (if only for a while :))!
Kara, Meghan, Jennie, Jenny, Beers, Rebeca, Salibs, SueJoe, Jeris, Corie, Cristin, Morgan, Sara, Hope, and anyone else I may have left out...THANK YOU for all of your support and enthusiasm over my little baby! Y'all have made it so much fun!
My work friends (Sheryl, Kristin, Melanie, Laura, Carolyn, Jessica, Betsy, Natalie, Veronica, Angela, et al) for listening to me and discussing with me the intricacies of pregnancy and childbirth even when they didn't want to!
Samuel A. Bonfe (the best boss in the world) for letting me take time off when I needed to rest, and not giving up on me when my brain took a break and I was still at work. Also, for calling to check up on us regularly!
Most of all, I need to thank TJ, without him, no baby would be here to be thankful for! He is a wonderful husband, and needs to be told so more often. He is also an incredible father, and is becoming an incredible wood worker as well! (He is building my birthday present!) Thank you for getting up with the baby when I am too tired, for putting up with my craziness and hormonal mood swings, and for providing for our family!
Thank you to anyone I may have left out! We are truly blessed to have such a perfect daughter and wonderful friends.

No comments: