Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You remind me of the babe...

So, this post title is for Kara and Tripp. But the post isn't about David Bowie or the Labyrinth at all. Its about the crazy things people say to new moms and dads. Every person over the age of 40 has an opinion about who Avery looks like, breastfeeding, when her hair will fall out, what color her eyes will be, and the funny thing is, its all conflicting! One of my grandmothers swears her eyes are going to stay blue, the other is sure they will be brown like mine. TJ's grandmother thinks she looks just like me, and everyone else says she looks like TJ. I don't know when or even if her eyes will change or her hair will fall out, but I am not worried. She is doing everything right on her own little schedule. Her umbilical cord fell off this morning, and she has the cutest little belly button (it's an in-ie!). I will be so excited when she sleeps through the night...I am ready for a full night of rest!





Gettin' sleepy in this one!


I just love her little feet! They are so cute!


2 comments:

Rebecca Beers said...

I recognize that outfit! Yay Baby Aves!

Kara said...

YESSS!! "the babe with the power!"