Thursday, April 1, 2010

Swine Flu


I thought this whole H1N1 thing was about over, and WHAM, somehow I end up with it. While I would never have self diagnosed this, and neither did WebMD, Dr. K guessed it right away, ordered the incredibly evil nasal swab to test, and positive it was. Fortunately, it is not as bad as I would have thought. Mostly feels like the worst sinus infection/chest cold ever. No fever, body aches are mild, so I would never have guessed it to be the flu. I texted TJ as I walked out of the Doc in the Box simply, "swine flu". Immediately, he called back (I think he thought I was joking), and his first question (which was mine as well to Dr. K) was what about Avery and I. I regurgitated the response of "cross your fingers". EEK. That's it? Cross my fingers that my little 14 month old doesn't get freakin' swine flu? Well, as I may have posted in the past, I think she has already had it. At this point I hope she has already had it.
As you may have guessed by now, I have been quarantined at home today (hence the time to blog) and tomorrow, but pending how I feel, I may be breaking out of here and headed to Birmingham for a shopping trip. Did I mention Saturday is my birthday? I would really like to be feeling good by then! Plus, I have to dye Easter Eggs and cook some stuff for Easter Lunch.
I have been holding on to some good photos of Ms. Avery since the last time I posted. Here you go:
Aves with her new toy duck.
First time to play in the sand, did I mention she LOVES IT?
At the Easter egg hunt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're alive! and i don't just mean in reference to the swine flu!

I wrote you a month or so ago at your williford account gmail. check it and write me back!
love and miss you.
c