Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Exciting News!! (No, I'm not pregnant!)

Exciting News:

I sold my camera, ya know, the one I have been complaining about since this time last year, on ebay yesterday! And I totally got more than I anticipated! I cannot tell you what this accomplishment feels like! I am even more thrilled that I can get a new one, a more researched one, now. I am debating between a new concept camera (Nikon does not have one on the market currently) that is a mirror-less SLR, and is very small and sleek OR the Nikon D3100. If anyone has any [knowledgeable] comments as to which one I should purchase, I would love the insight. Now that so many of my friends have gotten into photography, I feel like I might actually have a shot of getting a response on this! YaY!

No I'm not pregnant!:

Does anyone else find it odd that complete strangers think they know the appropriate time for me to have another baby? Ask any mom of one, and she will probably tell you that it is MUCH harder to decide when or if to have another baby than it was the first one. I love Avery, and I want her to have siblings, but is it anyone else's business when that happens? It seems everyone has an opinion, from the guy at the flower shop on Monday ("She's how old?" me-"she'll be 2 in February" flower man-"Yep, 'bout time for another one, huh?" me- incredulous blank stare), to the lady at the March of Dimes benefit dinner last night ("Take it from an old pro, wait until she is 30 months to have another baby!"), and of course all the sweet ladies in the nursery at church are ready for us to do it again. There is just so much more to it than they make it out to be!
My Concerns:
1. Can we get pregnant again anyway?
2. What if we have another miscarriage?
3. Isn't Avery enough?
4. We really want a houseful.
5. How many is too many?
6. Avery will be a spoiled brat if we don't go ahead and get her a sibling!
7. I sure would like to have Avery completely potty trained before we do it again.
8. IS there a best time of year to have a baby?
9. Is there a best time of year to be pregnant?
10. (THE BIG ONE) Can I actually love another baby as much as Avery?
11. Will Avery adjust?
12. Can TJ and I handle 2?
The answers are probably obvious to anyone with multiple children. And I probably will get on the bandwagon soon regardless of my apprehension. Thanks for letting me vent.

On a less frustrating note, here are Ace and I counting fish at El Rey last week.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I feel you so much on this issue... Gah! Its such a hard decision. So sorry we didnt get to the pumpkin patch, I was planning on calling you, but came down with the stomach flu this weekend and have been sick ever since... lets get together soon!

Tracy Williford said...

sounds good bec! hope you get to feeling better soon!

Olivia said...

I have the perfect solution to that horrible question. get individual blue cross. They TELL you can't have a baby for 365 days, they won't pay for your doctor or hospital. So just tell people your insurance is making you wait! It is working for me, people stop asking quick!

Tracy Williford said...

We just went through that Liv, our "pre-existing condition" clause was in effect until June. Kinda crazy isn't it? They wouldn't cover Avery's tubes in her ears until after June 1st. So we had to wait 3 weeks! She is a baby! She doesn't have a pre-existing condition! I think we will at least hold out until the beginning of the year. When is your time up?

Olivia said...

our time isn't up until Oct.1st of 2011 so it will be at least next fall before we can start trying again. I haven't been on birth control in over 3 years and had to get back on. It sucks!