Thursday, October 14, 2010

The past few weeks...

Have been a bit crazy around here. We went to Auburn for Avery's first game on the 2nd. She loved it!! We were tickled that she had such a good time! I think she is going to be a lover of all sports regardless of team colors! She played, sat still when she needed to, ate a stadium dog (of course!), cheered at the appropriate times, watched the eagle do his thing, and we left at halftime to accommodate nap-time. It was great! She always surprises me with the things she can handle!
This past weekend, we took the drive up 65 for Suelin and Phillip's wedding weekend. The festivities began with a Thursday night BBQ with all the wedding party. It was great food, and even better to visit with all my girls! Friday, we had the lovely bridesmaid luncheon at Chez Lulu! I am positive that the elderly lady sitting next to me thinks that Laura, J-bo, and Reba, and I are at the very least on drugs. We could not stop laughing. Between Laura's half swollen and very red eye from her allergies and the 36 ounces of coffee she consumed, she had us rolling for 2 hours.
Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, and Laryne came into town to keep Aves. She brought her new boyfriend, Courtland, who is presh!! I should point out here that Avery is now referring to herself as Ace. Anywho, they kept Ace while we went to the dinner. Some of the stories we heard about Phillip were hilarious, there are truly some comedians in his group. Of course the stories about Suelin were funny. We all knew they would be. I am currently regretting the decision to not talk. If I had gotten up to make a toast to the happy couple, it would have been this:
Suelin, I love you. You are my favorite person to catch up with, because I can get the scoop on everyone else with one phone call. Whenever anything ridiculous happens to me, I know you will laugh, and vice versa. To Phillip, be mindful that Suelin has "ailments". You will need to be her sounding board for when to seek medical treatment when:
1. her tooth is about to fall out.
2. she is nervous and is sure she needs to take imodium.
3. she is positive she swallowed a fly without using her mouth.
and God help you when she finds out she is pregnant! Best of luck to both of you. Love you much!
Ok, on to the zoo trip! Rebecca, J-Bo, Laura, TJ, and I took Aves and Raughley to the Zoo. They were super cute together!
Here is Avery feeding Raughley her snack! So cute!!! Raughley is adorable Reebs. So glad the kids finally got to meet!
The wedding was beautiful, Suelin was a gorgeous bride! Unfortuately, I did not take any pictures, nor do I have any to pirate from anyone else's blog (yet)...Thanks for the pics of the kids Reba. All in all, it was a great, but tiring weekend. I am glad to be home and back in our routine! Although, its Fair week in Montgomery, and we had to take Aves last night. She LOVED it. I have never seen her smile for so long and so big as she did on the little cars she rode around and around in (ALL BY HERSELF). TJ and I were kind of freaking out! But she did great! TJ has video that I will have to upload as soon as he sends it to me! This photo is of Avery in the pineapple under the sea with spongebob (not pictured).
Here she is riding a pony. FYI GiGi, she's gonna want one pretty soon.
Hunting season starts tomorrow, so I am sure the majority of our travel from here until Christmas will be to the farm to see Dada. Its that time of year where I get to be a single parent again! Kidding honey.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

so glad you didnt say immodium at the rehearsal dinner, Im sure sueboo would have loved that! Haha, so glad the kiddos got to hang out, I think its love... tee hee. We will also be hunting widows up here, I think I might just join him at the camp this weekend.... have a great week!

Tracy Williford said...

thanks reebs! I think we are doing the same! You and I should take the babies to the lake or beach one weekend while the boys hunt. I bet we would have a lot more fun! I know Avery would love to spend some quality time with Mr. Raughley again soon!