Tuesday, August 25, 2009

She can pull up!

Avery is now efficiently crawling, saying "hey", and has pulled herself to a standing position once! It is a sad realization that she is fast approaching toddler-hood and leaving behind the baby stage. She is so independent. She loves to sit and play by herself, but still likes to cuddle at nap and bedtime (thank God!). I have to get my snuggle time in with her. I hope she doesn't grow out of that for a long, long time!
Sunday we had her Baptized into the Methodist church. She was such a doll. She listened intently to John as he told us what we needed to do to raise her up a Christian, and she sat still in his arms as he charged the congregation to uphold her to the values of the faith. She didn't even mind the holy water on her head. She just looked beautiful, too. She was wearing a dress that I wore, and that was passed to us from my Grandmother's best friend, Miss Carolyn Danforth, whose Grandmother, I believe, brought it in her trousseau trunk from Europe. It is supposedly 150 years old. It is gorgeous. And I was terrified that Avery was going to spit up on it. She didn't, and it is still intact, albeit wrinkled, and ready for the next generation to wear. (I highly doubt TJ is going to let me put a little boy in it.)
I will post photos and the video as soon as someone emails them to me. Bad Mommy didn't take any!

No comments: