Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hurricane Avery Strikes Again

We all know Avery is an avid eater. She, like her mother and father, enjoys good food. But this really takes the cake (pun intended).

Just for clarification, that is hazelnut cocoa. I made it. It WAS a present for Allison and Michael for Christmas. I will take partial credit here for this big mess. It was after Christmas (of course I didn't deliver it on time), and the only thing left under the big ole tree. So it was easy picking for Little Miss Giant-Mess-Waiting-to-Happen. I left her sitting in the living room to grab her socks and coat, and my shoes. Literally 45 seconds, and I come back to find that! She was licking her fingers and running them through the carpet trying to get more in her little mouth. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't be mad! She was so proud of herself!

Aves is also learning new things all the time. She has learned to "click". TJ or I will make that clucking noise with our mouths and she will repeat it back to us. Pretty cute, but will probably get pretty darn annoying if she keeps doing it! That is how she woke us up one morning last week. Just clucking away. She also has added some words to her now expanding vocabulary. She said Eh-bin (Evan) last night. Uh-oh is one we hear on occasion. The Ki-kat (kitty cat) lives at Ama's house, and Mom is devastated she has said that and not Ama yet! She also has said Jay-Tee (that's what Justin has asked her to call him-another killer for Ama). Speaking of Ama, here is shot G-Daddy got of her last weekend at the mill with his big old goober of a dog, Luke.
He was trying to push her out of "his" chair. Anywho, that's an update in our world for now. I will keep you posted!



2 comments:

Kara said...

that picture stresses me out so much.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I rediscovered your blog! The cocoa story just made my day.