Monday, November 28, 2011

Last Doctor's appointment today!

TJ and I are headed to see Dr. Desautels for the last time before John Mills gets here today. I am a little nervous. I am so ready to meet this baby, but I am a little skeptical about my mothering skills for TWO kids.
I just about lost it yesterday and had to call for backup. Avery refused to take a nap, was seriously rambunctious, and would not settle down regardless of the activities I tried to impose on her. When she belly flopped off the couch onto me and then stomped on my foot about 3 minutes later, I was done. I called Ma, who apparently can read minds, and graciously offered to come get her and let her have a spend the night party with her. I don't think I could have said "yes" any faster. This is such a rare occurrence for me, to actually need a little down time, that I had some Mommy guilt over it. Hormones a blazing I think.
When I woke up this morning though, the clouds had cleared (figuratively, not literally, as it is still yucky outside) and I was once again happy to see my little monster and I smothered her with kisses. She didn't even complain. Maybe absence really does make the heart grow fonder. Anywho, I will post with any updates after our appointment! Wish me luck!

No comments: