Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dog-U-Tante?

The Montgomery Humane Society held a Dog Debutante Ball Fund Raiser last Thursday. I volunteered to do some photography for the grand event. It was quite a party! They "presented" all of the dogs who were up for adoption and many of the attendees brought their own pooches to show as well! Most were in costume, since the theme this year was 80's Prom. I can't tell you how happy that made me! I am obsessed with the 80's. In fact, in college I was Prom Queen of 1983 for Halloween one year! Too bad I rented my super rad dress, and had to take it back! Regardless, Dog-U-Tante 2K9 was a huge success. Dad's firm bought a table and he, Jane Ann, Searcy, Hope (TJ's little sis), Aunt Tinsy (TJ's very tiny great Aunt from Louisiana), and Miss Beverly all came to support the Humane Shelter. Hope brought one of their dogs, Ella. Miss Ella was quite a hit in her 80's costume!
This is Hope, wondering if she should get into a modeling career herself. (We think you should!)

And...Ella, looking fabulous!
I thought I should bring back this older photo (three weeks ago) to show how much Avery has grown! Mom took this the day Avery and I went to visit her at the office. Look how skinny she is!

And, notice the difference in cheek size. This was last week when Avery felt the need to show off her bubble blowing skills and her new bow in her hair!


This is a photo Aunt Laura took when she was baby sitting this weekend in Birmingham. Avery was talking to her, so Laurie snapped this classic action shot (and even got a smile). Aves is quite elusive when it comes to smiling for the camera.

And here she is with Daddy sporting a new 'do, courtesy of Daddy.


So, now you have seen how much she has grown! I feel the need to explain that she is absolutely insatiable. I cannot fill her up. The kid is eating almost 6 ounces every 2 1/2 hours! For those of you without babies, just know, that this is a lot for a 2 month old! The strange thing is, she isn't spitting up very much either...she really is that hungry. I just hope it tapers off before she goes to Elementary School. I can just see her now, stealing other kid's tater tots and putting them in her little zipper pocket pouch in her pants...wait, that was Napoleon Dynamite, but you get the picture. All joking aside, she is a very healthy little girl, and I am such a lucky Momma.





1 comment:

Kara said...

watch out for that appetite...she could turn into me as a child. just kidding...i want to eat her she is so adorable.