Monday, September 7, 2009

I heart Dr. Ferber and Exciting News

Sleep:
Night 2 on the Ferber plan went great! She cried about 7 minutes and then went to sleep. Then, night 3. She started getting a runny nose early in the morning, and it got progressively worse as the day went on. She stayed with Mimi while I worked, and by the time I picked her up at 5pm, she was miserable, and she had a very hoarse voice since she had screamed so much on Night 1 :(. It was sad, and I knew that night 3 would be different. She cried about 30 minutes, and got so upset, that I knew she wouldn't be able to calm herself. So I cheated. She slept with us the rest of the night. When she began to feel better(Friday evening), I put her back on the Ferber method of sleep. She had a hard time napping all day, but by 8pm, she was ready to crash. Luckily, she did just that! And since, she has been sleeping like a rock, and going down pretty easily. It is a huge difference! She is napping now, and I feel like a human again. Yay, Sleep!
Mobility:
She is scooting all over the place now. She is an excellent crawler, and is trying to pull up on everything! I can not leave her alone for a second!
Verbalization:
Still no Mama or Dada, but she is occasionally saying "Hey" and waving.

I saved the best for last, LACEY AND JUSTIN ARE ENGAGED!!!!!! I am so excited for yall! Below is a photo of Lacey at the hospital when I was in labor.

No comments: