Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sleep is Good


So I had a dream the other night that Avery got her top teeth in (we knew she was teething in real life anyway) and they were HUGE! I woke up terrified that my baby was going to be the kid who gets made fun of because of her gigantic buck teeth. So over the weekend, we really began to get a peak at those little teefers peepin' through. They are perfectly proportionate to her head (whew!), and should be fully visible in about 2 weeks. Which is great. She won't be able to sing that annoying song about "all she wants" for Christmas. So that is a total of 5!!! I still don't quite know how she went from a baby to a kid who can almost walk and can totally bite your arm off in like point 2 seconds.

In other news, we went to the Grand Opening Celebration of SaZa's in Alley Station on Monday night. Avery did not get to go (thank goodness, because it was crowded and we stayed out late!). Did anyone happen to see me on the WSFA giving tours of the Ballroom? G Daddy was on there too talking about the scope of the project. I made the camera man promise not to put me on the news, so thanks for honoring that there Buddy. Anywho, SaZa's is now open for Lunch and Dinner, so go check it out. The pizza is delish. Here is the link: SaZa's.

The title of today's blog is all about Avery learning to self soothe at bedtime. Yes, we are re-Ferberizing. I swear we have to redo it once a week, because something happens and destroys everything she has learned. I suppose that is what parenthood is all about; adaptation, growth, and re-adapting when necessary. (Kara, did I use that semi-colon correctly?) I digress, she has once again taught her self to sleep, and now I am going to get overly excited about 2 nights in a row of good sleep, and then tomorrow night, she will get a cold, or another tooth, or whatever, and we will be back to square one. But for tonight, I am loving my sleep. She slept until 8:15 this morning. It is a beautiful thing.

AAAAND, lastly, a little Avery to make myself happy. That is a flower pinned to her head. Love. It.

2 comments:

Kara said...

sadly you need a colon right there....because you listed after it.

Searcy Yoder said...

I want to go on record that the flower is just a prop, she does not go out of the house like that.

Thank you.