Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Thankful List and Resolutions

What a year it has been. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends, family, and well, life, in general. This is my now annual list for things and people I am thankful for:
1. Avery. She is truly the best thing ever. How could I have ever known what a wonderful, special, healthy little being I was growing 2 years ago? I didn't. I couldn't. But now I do. I am more than lucky to be her Momma.
2. TJ. Thank you for letting me be crazy when I needed to be, listening (or pretending to) to me, and having faith that we would and could make it through anything.
3. Mom, Dad, Mimi, Paw Paw. You have been so helpful this year. You took Avery when we needed a date night, played games with her when we were too exhausted, and held our hands when we were sick. Thank you for the insight, gifts, and wisdom you impart on us.
4. Searcy. Thank you for keeping me grounded. Thank you for putting up with my antics. Thank you for your undying friendship in a world where it is uncommon. Thanks for humoring me when I give you advice.
5. Allison, Carolyn, Angela. Ya'll are great friends who I could not live without. Thanks for all the parties, laughs, and tears. We have been through a lot in a short amount of time! (Al-where is my mustard?? I have your hot cocoa waiting on you when you get back...)
6. Haha, LuLu, Hope, Uncle E. Thanks for helping out with Avery and loving her as much as we do! We are looking forward to Hannah's wedding!
7. I am thankful for our healthy family. Avery had tubes put in her ears in June and what a difference that has made! I have since gotten enough sleep since then, that I can actually function normally! Perhaps 2011 will give TJ some back relief.
8. TJ's business has grown so much this year. We are thrilled to have Graham, Jenny, Reg, and Trey on board! Thanks for all you do!
9. Alley Station. I love my job. For the first time I am finding balance with work and home. I am so thankful for my time home with Avery, but I love getting to go to work on a project I believe in!
10. I am thankful for new friends. Avery has made some, and so have TJ and I.
God has been so good to us. Frazer UMC is growing in so many ways, and I love where we are headed.
Now, for the resolutions:
1. I will be more involved at church.
2. I want to have a bigger garden this year.
3. I will be a better wife and mother.
4. I will learn to do something I have never done...not sure what yet, but I'm sure it will make the blog in 2011.
5. I will go to bed on time!
6. I will say "I love you" more often to the ones I love, and "thank you" when I am thankful!
7. I will be quiet more and absorb the stillness.
8. I will ask more questions.
9. I will not be a "know-it-all".
10. I will give more, and shop less(the hardest one for sure!)

Thank you to all who read my blog. You give me good feedback and let me vent my thoughts! Finally, in the spirit of new years resolutions...Is there anything you wish I would write about? Would anyone like to guest blog, and let me listen more?

No comments: