Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the trip...

So I haven't said much about our trip to Grand Cayman. It was much more commercial and touristy than most of our trips were growing up. This was a blessing and a curse. There were so many things that Avery could do, we had no trouble keeping her entertained at all! The prices were exorbitant, though. I'm talking really high. And the Cayman dollar is 1.2 to every $1 USD. So it looks like it was expensive, and yet, it really is more expensive than you think! Other than that one fact, it was an incredible trip! Dad, Uncle E, and TJ got to dive:

Avery danced and sang and sword fought with some pirates (and now all she wants to do is {pirate} dance). That's what she told me on the way home from church. Out of the blue, "pirate dance momma!". Ok, sweetie, later. We will pirate dance.
She road my suitcase throughout Atlanta, Miami, and Cayman airport. I got in trouble if the line stopped and consequently, so did her ride.
She met the "scawee berd" upon arrival, but had conquered her fears and made friends with "Echo" by the time we departed.
This one is "Romeo". Aptly named, as he is a handsome fellow and recites Shakespeare...kidding...but it sure does make this boring post more interesting.
Anywho, I am still piecing together the rest of the photos from our trip. It was glorious. I forgot how much I like to vacate.
Must do it again soon...

No comments: