Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Friday Thoughts

Avery's room has really come together. The only thing we have left is to hang the paintings and shelf on the walls. Searcy, very kindly, painted her some beautiful abstract art to go over her bed, and I have a watercolor of some Geraniums that needs to be re-matted and framed that Jane Ann gave me a long time ago. The shelf is the one I painted a while back, and I want to hang the green letters that spell out Avery on it! This will happen as soon as TJ and Justin get done hunting, I am sure:).
The kitchen is almost done now too! Here is a fuzzy picture of the long awaited counter tops!

Pardon how messy everything is. My goal is get the entire kitchen organized and clean on Saturday. Searcy and Jane have volunteered to help. (Still not sure why anyone would want to do this dirty work, but I am grateful to both for the offer!)

I am very anxious to get our 4D Ultrasound on Tuesday. It is driving me crazy that I cannot tell how she is positioned in my belly. I swear I have an octopus growing in there. She can kick me in four directions at once. I found her heart beat in the lower right quarter of my abdomen (if you are facing me), but does that mean she is head down or sideways?

My baby shower in Birmingham is on Sunday! I am looking forward to seeing everyone I have neglected since I have been preggo. I am sorry about that gals, I don't know why thinking about driving anywhere exhausts me. Hopefully by this time next year, I will be ready for another incredibly Tacky Christmas Party with redneck baby in tow.

Last, but most certainly, not least, I leave you with a quick quote from the Honorable Judge Tripp Hatchett during a discussion of how large I look and feel: "Don't worry about swallowing a whale. Eat and be merry. You are carrying a baby. If I was you I would be in a rascal with a fleece moo moo. " You, sir, have stolen my heart.

No comments: