Monday, November 10, 2008

27 weeks 4 days

Yeah! I made it through Jury Duty Week 1! I won't bore you with the few details I can share about that experience, but just know that there is a lot more crime than you might think.

I went to the doctor this morning, and all of my numbers look good. Miss Avery is growing right on schedule, but one of the banquet ladies informed me this morning that I am carrying her "in my hips". Whatever that means. I don't think it was a compliment. Anywho, I am not going to get to upset, because she is healthy, and has a good heart rate. Hopefully I will shed the baby pounds quickly and efficiently. Next appointment is two weeks from today, and in three weeks, we get to see her little face! That's right, 4-D Ultrasound! Get excited! (Did that sound like a KD during chapter or what?)

Tonight, TJ and I go to our first child birth class at the hospital. I am a little nervous after hearing how Allison and Michael's went. I am just hoping they pick some other preggo's husband to try on "the belly". As much as I would like to torture TJ with wearing 20 extra pounds around and trying to tie his shoes or even put them on, I would much prefer to laugh at someone I don't know. I have already watched plenty of birthing videos (God love YouTube), and I am plenty comfortable with the concept, but not of it actually happening to me. Too bad they don't drug you to the point of coma anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to just wake up and have a baby in the bassinet next to you? More on that tomorrow.

No comments: