Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some disjointed thoughts on a Thursday.

I decided to go ahead and change the blog layout to Fall from Halloween. I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow, and I will be in Grand Jury all next week, so this may be the last post for a while. My apologies to those of you who use this as your entertainment during work (Lauren).

I mistakenly said yesterday that Avery is 12 inches long. I was going on old data. She is 14 inches long at this point and just under 2 pounds! She is the weight of a large rutabaga and the length of an English hothouse cucumber (whatever that is). I think the people at babycenter.com are getting desperate for vegetables as large as my growing fetus.

After another Sunday of work on Avery's room, I am starting to feel like it is coming together. We have a bed (complete with mattress pad, sheets, and bedding), a rocking chair with pillow and blanket, a chaise lounge for Mommy, a rug and rug pad, a changing table with changing pad and cover, one drawer full of baby clothes and socks, and two lamps. We are still waiting on some items to be hung (I knew hunting would get in the way). Her bulletin board and shelf are leaning against the wall, and paintings(by Aunt Searcy that aren't here yet) have a place reserved for them. In fact, the mirrors and curtain tie backs were done by none other than Jane Ann! That is all that is on the walls, except for the lovely stripes, of course.

TJ had a great idea that I make Avery a book with all of these posts and pictures so she will have a record of how I felt about her every step of the way. I think she will probably come away with a sense that I am a terribly impatient person, who is slightly egotistical, but more importantly, I hope she will know how much she is loved (and we haven't even met her yet!). I do believe I am beginning to understand the unconditional love of a parent. I am sure it only gets stronger and deeper. Now all I have to do is birth her and teach her to read. :)

Lastly, Allison posted that a stranger touched her belly not too long ago, and I have had a similar experience. In Jury Duty on Monday, "Brenda" touched my belly. While realizing that I had been sitting next to her for 7.5 hours, and she had asked the normal "when are you due?" questions, I probably should have known the belly touch was inevitable. Now, I don't want anyone to think it bothers me. In fact, just the opposite, I enjoy letting others touch the belly in hopes that they might get to feel her kick. However, up to this point, it has been TJ, Mom, Searcy, and a few other scattered friends who have asked. I suppose I should get used to it, I do have three more months.

1 comment:

Searcy Yoder said...

You have to keep these posts for Avery. She will read many different things from it as she ages, but I hope she reads the love in it first. You care about your pregnancy like no other mother I have experienced. Avery's growth has never been a burden on you. In fact you know more about Avery each day than most mothers care to bother with. Did I just sound like Jane?