Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Fair is in October

When I taught at McInnis, my students were obsessed with Fair day. Reggie would sing the Fair theme song everyday regardless if it was April or October. He would draw the big top of the circus tent, and the happy smiling faces of all McInnis students in front. I embodied Reggie yesterday, as my excitement for the fair overflowed into my work time.
The fair was as wonderful as I remembered, or at least, as wonderful as a carney filled, fried food fest can be. Since I am growing another person, I could not ride any of the rides, but I did manage to waddle onto the Ferris Wheel. I ate a corn dog and a piece of pizza, and even a bite or two of funnel cake. Oh, delicious funnel cake. TJ and I had a caricature drawn of us while Lacey and Justin rode the "Zero Gravity". In the end, the sweet man who drew it turned a blind eye to my rotund body and gave me a very tiny waist and giant boobs. TJ, of course, has a six pack and a Partner's Realty visor on.

No comments: