Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Avery weighs 1 pound!


I bought a mattress! Yeah for me being decisive! I went with the organic, and I found one on sale!!! It should be here by next week! The bedding probably won't be in til mid-October, but at least I will have a bed and mattress to put them on!
Last night I had my first calf cramp. At four AM I shoot straight up in bed, but I was so sleepy I couldn't remember which way to flex it to make it go away! Finally, I figure it out, and the pain subsides. Strangely, instead of being my normal pissed off mood that I was awakened, I felt a sense of motherhood and pride at the prospect of having a baby. Like the pregnancy was real because I was having calf cramps. Who am I? I feel like I say that at least once a day. I look in the mirror, and my body appears foreign (see belly photos). My belly button is no longer my own. And who exactly is invading my brain and giving me all these crazy emotions that fluctuate so rapidly?
I hope my old self returns when Avery gets here (mind and body, preferably).

1 comment:

Shannon said...

aren't you so cute with your pot belly?!

my mind is still missing...:-P