Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Too Many Decisions!

Sadly, I can not seem to get any motivation to finish the chandelier shades. Although, I did decide that maybe they should alternate polka dots and stripes. Justin is hard at work putting up the painters tape so he and TJ can paint the stripes on Avery's walls. I am so excited about the painting! It is going to be ivory and "folk art" green striped to match her bedding. Mom is still on the hunt for a changing table, but I am trying to decide if I should just buy the one that goes with the bed. Another huge dilemma is the mattress. I have done a lot of research on the benefits of organic over traditional, and I am pretty confident the organic is better. (There are no flame retardant chemicals sprayed onto it that the baby could inhale, but instead they use a naturally flame retardant organic wool to meet the safety guidelines.) Since little Avery will spend up to 18 hours a day sleeping, it makes sense that the safest would be the best. One article I read pointed out that no baby ever died from SIDS in their mother's arms, so it must be something about the crib/mattress. Better safe than sorry, right?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

from a mom of a 15 month old, when avery is old enough to crawl & pull up, youu will have to take everything off those cute shelves. i use a dresser that is waist high and a changing pad. it woks great & he little toot still can't open the drawers.