Monday, September 29, 2008

Only 18 weeks left!

Guess what?
TJ and I put the baby bed together! It looks great! I am very pleased. It only took about an hour. I also painted the shelf I bought at the flea market, but I still did not get around to finishing the chandelier shades. Maybe tonight. I cooked several new things over the weekend, but never made my muscadine jelly. Hopefully I will get to that next weekend...Searcy, are you interested in a Saturday afternoon Jelly Making Adventure? I did make Cream Cheese Pinwheels and Pumpkin Cheesecake. Both of which sound much more complicated to make than they are. Allison, here are the recipes you requested:

Cream Cheese Pinwheels
12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pkg Lipton Garlic and Herb Soup mix
2 pkgs crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix cream cheese, Parmesan, and soup mix til thoroughly blended.
Unroll and flatten the crescent rolls on a cutting board (do not peel apart the individual rolls, leave in a sheet).
Evenly spread the cheese mixture and re-roll into a log.
Slice evenly. You should get 16 pinwheels from each log.
Bake for 12 minutes or until crispy.

Jane Ann's Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 cup pureed pumpkin
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 graham cracker crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat pumpkin, cream cheese, spices, sugar, and egg with a mixer until smooth.
Pour unto crust.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.


3 comments:

Sara Caldwell said...

I definaltey copied those recipes! i want pictures of the inside of your house! and when can we do lunch!?

Jessica Azar said...

I want some of that cheesecake!!! I LOVE PUMPKIN!!! I did miss you yesterday, especially because it sounds like you could really use some pampering!!! I am having another spa for some other friends this coming Saturday at 3, and I would LOVE for you to come!!! Maybe we could get together one night this week to chat and play??? Let me know! I can't wait to meet Avery, and I already know what I'm getting her!

Searcy Yoder said...

I love you but the only thing muscadine I am interested in making is wine, plus I am going to try and get some free clothes and such from the moms.