Monday, September 22, 2008

Favorite Quotes Needed!

Mom and I worked hard all weekend long on little Avery's room. We ordered her bedding (she is kicking me in the belly button right now, I know she is excited about her colors.) We painted an old window hot pink, and put cork where the panes would go, and then I added a big flower on the top. We bought her an "ugly chair" at the flea market, and I sanded and painted it "heirloom white". (An Ugly Chair is for when you are not behaving. As in you are acting ugly. I think you need to be from the south to understand this expression.) The chair is actually really pretty. We also found a great shelf that has hooks and a huge bow on the top that I am going to paint tonight. I heart the flea market. Chair and shelf total were $25.

We went to A.C. Moore (which, coincidentally is going out of business and having a huge sale, should you need anything crafty) and bought 2 large white Adirondack chairs and one mini Adirondack chair for the front porch. Then we picked up some paint and large wooden bubble letters spelling out AVERY. I painted those lime green, and put a flower on the A. These are going on the shelf. I decided to use my old desk for a changing table, since it has nice storage and is about the right height.

Last night as TJ and I watched Entourage, I painted polka dots on the chandelier shades, I can not believe how much we have done, and I still have so much left to do.

Goals for the week:
1. Get up and go to work (this is getting harder and harder)
2. Finish painting shades
3. Paint end tables
4. Paint shelf
5. Get Baby room curtains hung (TJ/Justin)
6. Paint some cute quotes on canvas. (Any ideas welcome...for some reason this is hard for me...Baby friendly responses only please.)

3 comments:

The Stained Glass Window said...

Babies are such a nice way to start people.
-- Don Herrold

Lauren said...

HOT PINK??? ahhh I'm so proud of you!!! :) It will be too cute!

Searcy Yoder said...

I have two quote books. I will bring with me next weekend. Also, remind me I need to go to Hobby Lobby and get canvases and paint for those you wanted me to do.