Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I finally look Pregnant not just Fat!!!

Our first childbirth class went well, and although TJ wasn't thrilled to be going, I think he half way enjoyed himself once we got there. We watched two videos and Renee explained the different phases of labor. Two of the preggos had lots of questions about that. They also looked like they could go into labor at any moment. I was thinking how I wouldn't have gotten so far without knowing the facts of labor, at the very least. Then again, I might be a little over prepared. I have read every book, magazine, web site, and medical journal I can get my swollen little hands on. I have asked questions to the doctor as well as anyone who will talk to me about their delivery story. I think I know all the possible outcomes, and as along as Avery and I come out healthy in the end, I am OK with them.
But I digress. So we are sitting in class, watching the second video entitled "Deborah's Birth", and everyone is doing pretty well. Until Deborah goes into the "transition" phase of her labor. She is un-medicated, and therefore quite lucid, and she and her husband start walking the halls of the hospital to encourage more dilation. They proceed to stop and stretch (in strange positions) all over the hospital. The waiting room, the hallway, near the cafeteria, which at this point, TJ loses it. He starts giggling uncontrollably because Deborah and said partner are doing want looks to be a sort of uncomfortable dance down the hall. Then, they cut straight to the crotch shot and show the baby crowning. At which point, the laughter that TJ had brought on is silenced and followed by gasps and an "Oh my Gawd, they should warn you 'fore they show tha-yut."

Deborah gave birth and everyone was relieved. Then we took the tour of the maternity wing at Baptist East, and got to see the little babies in the nursery. They were so tiny and red. I cant believe I have one of them in my belly, and will soon have one in my house.

Lastly, to appease Lauren, here are some belly pics.

8 comments:

The Stained Glass Window said...

I will say, I make a dang good photographer.

Rebecca Beers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Beers said...

I did say, "holy crap you're really pregnant" - and then I realized that that made it sound like, WOAH, you're REALLY REALLY pregnant, when in reality I meant to say, Woah, with your baby bump it confirms to me that you are, in fact, having a baby! Which causes me to say, Holy crap! All kidding aside, CONGRATS, and you look fantastic. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Searcy Yoder said...

great post. loved it. I didnt know my mom was in your birth class. odd. Also I got so excited at the site of your big belly when I was scrolling down and then reolized that was your boob!!! :) I scrolled down more.

I love you and will be home to rub your belly soon!!!

Lauren said...

YAY! I love love love! I guess you weren't kidding about being prego after all.... there's no doubting it now!!!

Kara said...

FINALLY A PIC OF THE BELLY! you make such a cute preggo....i hate you. you know i will look like a beast if i ever get pregnant. also, i really wish deborah's birth would have included some lunging down said hallway. and tj's reaction to the crowning made my freaking day.

Sara said...

So cute!!!! You look great!! Hope you are feeling well!! Judson wasn't too thrilled about going to the classes either!

medailey said...

T...your belly is so cute! And you weren't kidding about the size of your boobs...hahahaha...can't wait to see you this weekend.