Friday, May 29, 2009

I ain't no writer

So apparently my written voice reads a little twangy. Call me a southern, but I don't think I have a drawl. Although I did find it quite funny that Holland (a friend of Allison's that reads the blog, who I have not yet met) reads the blog and puts it into a southern accent in her head. Maybe I ought to adopt that as my writing style. I have never been a professed "writer". In fact, I always thought I was pretty terrible at summarizing, creatively drawing a verbal portrait, and making myself sound educated on paper. And, I was right. The only reason you people read my blog anyway is to see my chunk of a baby Avery. I am okay with that. However, I figure I might as well do a little creative writing and some self help therapy at the same time! Kill two birds with one stone. Anyway, Holland, I am looking forward to meeting you and clearing up this confusion.

To satisfy the non-readers out there...




3 comments:

Kara said...

i like reading your verbal stylings, T! of course, i also love looking at that "chunk of a baby"...can't wait to see her on sunday.

and, does she have red hair?!?!

Tracy Williford said...

yay! cant wait to see you! yes, her hair is turning red. it is very apparent in the sun!

Holland said...

ok, i am so sorry-- and i didn't mean it like that at all! i just pictured this pure southern lifestyle, growing organic veggies and playing at the farm-- not twangy, more southern belle. and i am so embarassed, btw, cuz i didn't mean anything negative! trust me, my whole family's from brewton, al and husband's from ozark. please don't think i meant anything by it. and since you read my blog... you should know, that "i ain't no writer," either.
-holland