Friday, May 1, 2009

Preschool??

I am going back to work on Monday. I have mixed emotions about it. I am putting Avery into daycare three days a week and Mom and Beverly will each have a day as well. I went into the daycare thing with a very closed mind. I just knew I was going to hate it. I worked as a preschool teacher at a daycare right after I graduated college in Birmingham. It was inner city kids, and their parents would drop them off at 6am and pick them up at 10pm. The kids had so many problems. I know you have to make money for your family, but it was so sad that the children were the ones that really suffered. Plus that daycare was very poorly run. Needless to say I didn't last too long there, but I digress. So I went to visit the CPA preschool last week expecting the worst. Much to my surprise, it was small, well organized, and CLEAN! Now, don't get me wrong, there were still a few snot nosed little boys in classroom 3, but I am pretty sure that dousing children in Clorox is illegal and sounds a little inhumane. I just expected a lot more illness since it's the tail end of cold and flu season.

The infant teachers were so sweet too, they gave me all the fire/tornado/hurricane/tsunami drill information I needed to relay to Safety-Greg and Safety-TJ-in-training. Then she said that she would give me her cell phone number so that I can call and talk to Avery any time I wanted to, and she will text me pictures if she does anything super cute! That pretty much sold me, as I am addicted to taking pictures of my chubby cheeked child. So check that off the list. I can go to work part time and know Aves is in good hands.

In other news, Mom, Grandma, Avery, and I took a girls trip up to Huntsville to check out the Bridge Street Shopping center. We had heard that they had gondolas, Kate Spade, and fine Italian food. They did, and the shopping/dining was excellent. I recommend it! Then we drove to Birmingham for a night at the Marriott, and a little more eating and shopping. Avery did great! I just knew she would be a good traveler. Also, I will post pics when I get to a better computer. Avery is getting cuter everyday!

4 comments:

Rebecca Beers said...

way to put up a new post!!! avery is basically adorable so I'm glad you're putting up new pics - that double chin is to die for! had so much fun with you and TJ on Wed... can't wait to do it again soon!

medailey said...

You did not tell me you were going to Huntsville!!!!!!!! As you recall, I am from there...and you passed through Birmingham, without a call????

Tracy Williford said...

Sorry! We were there such a short time, and we had grandma with us...I would have loved to call yall! Beers- we had a blast! come back soon!

Kara said...

so proud of you for going back to work and putting aves in daycare. that has to be super super hard.

20 points for "safety-tj-in training"...i laughed out loud.

i miss ya'll. be prepared for a visit in late may/early june.