Monday, February 2, 2009

Shank-a-potomus...bloody brilliant.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we restful, but I had several hours of contractions each day. Some were hard and painful, others were like they have been for weeks now, short and painless. I hope this means we are getting ready for the big day (or night). They stopped right about bed time every day, which was nice. I did have a little blood pressure scare on Saturday, though. I never called the doctor, but if it goes back up, I will. The baseline for pre-eclampsia is 140/90. Mine was 138/90. That is way higher than it has ever been! I am normally in the normal to low range with a 117/63. It fluctuated all day about 10 points on the systolic and 5 or 6 points on the diastolic...but it never went above 140/90. I will check it again when I get home today. So that was my weekend...Searcy, Mom, TJ, and Beverly watching over me like hawks to make sure I didn't go into spontaneous labor or eclampsia. Although, it was kind of nice having so much company! No one wanted me to be alone! Of course, if Avery doesn't appear sometime soon, they may all decide they don't want to be around just me anymore!
Lastly, I just wanted to point out that my favorite Super Bowl commercial was the E-Trade baby talking to his golf partner...who he later calls a "Shank-a-potomus." I just about rolled off the couch! I do hope Avery is as clever as that little man. (Others to be mentioned are the Doritos "Cristal Ball" and the other E-trade with the a capella baby.)

1 comment:

Kara said...

COME ON BABY!!! i'm channeling my energy to Avery so that she will get out of there. (by doing this, it also means i don't have to workout tonight...right?)