Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So close, yet no cigar.

I am still here, at my desk, at work. I sure was hoping today would be the day. That would have worked out perfectly for my calendar. February 3- Avery, March 3- TJ, April 3- me! What a cute little family. But it looks like that won't happen, unfortunately. Tomorrow we go for the last ultrasound, to check her size, and then we see Dr. Connor again. I am not even going to get my hopes up for any extreme progress tomorrow. There is always the outside chance, but like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up. Avery seems very content to stay where she is.
I woke up early this morning when TJ left to go quail hunting (it's always something), and I couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to go for a "shake this baby out" walk with Hank. It was freezing!!!! We made one trip around the block, and Hank's whiskers were frozen to his face, so we went home. (And I was awfully achy and cold myself.) Hank did manage to mark his territory like a real man a few times and sniff out some crazed joggers. There is no way I would have been out there walking if I didn't have a really good reason. Fitness itself is torturous enough...why not at least save it for a warmer part of the day? Anywho, maybe I pushed her down a little lower. I might try for another lap when I get home this afternoon (when it is 20 degrees warmer). If anyone was wondering what I am looking like these days, here is an updated picture:


Ok, I may not actually look like this, but I promise you, this is exactly what I feel like. All boobs, butt, belly, and ankles (in a fantastically crazy hat).

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I love the picture! Good Luck at the doctors office tomorrow!

Searcy Yoder said...

that just made my day...too bad it is already 10:21pm. Maybe I will look at it again tomorrow to make my day tomorrow.

Kara said...

BAHHAHAHAHAHAH. that was the best post you have ever had. you had me at "shake the baby out"