Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aren't you just a regular Bob Vila?

OK, so after much premature deliberation, I have decided on baby bedding. Yes, I know the baby is still 5 1/2 months away. However, I have to pick paint colors immediately, because we are painting the whole house...no reason to make a painter come back in 5 months. I am posting the picture of the bedding, and I have ordered the diaper stacker in lieu of a fabric swatch. If it is soft and the colors are right, then I will move forward with the painting!
I want to paint vertical stripes about 18 inches wide on the walls in the baby's room. The colors are cream and a sheer gold metallic, which looks more like a beige.
I am also really pleased with the choices we have made in the kitchen. TJ and I decided to put a wooden counter top in, made with antique heart pine. Then we are repainting the cabinetry to a cream color with a coffee glaze and a bead board back splash. It should look like a 1930's cottage when we are done! Take that, This Old House!

2 comments:

Searcy Yoder said...

please tell me there will be landscaping.

laura said...

like i told you last night...i want in on the baby's room. i will plan a trip to montgomery soon and we can expand on our thoughts so i can get started on some paintings!