Thursday, July 17, 2008

All Day Sickness

I should be nearing the end of the morning sickness. Tomorrow will start the 12th week, and sooner or later I should be feeling perky again. But not today.
TJ is probably getting tired of my incessant sleepiness. I want to have energy again, but the sleep is so good. (And, if I am asleep, I don't feel nauseous.)
I ordered a Dopplar Radar to hear the baby's heartbeat whenever I want to! It came in two days ago, and I have since used it 5 times! It is comforting to know that little baby is hanging out, turning flips, and beating its little heart away. We are settling into a comfortable 145-155 bpm range. Next time you are at my house, I will let you listen!
Our first ultrasound showed a very, very tiny heartbeat. At 6 weeks and 4 days, "peanut's" heart was beating 119 times a minute. In three short weeks we were up to 179 beats a minute (and one inch long head to rump), and we saw a much better picture of the newest member of the family.

No comments: