Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

Welcome to the world little pups. We are so fortunate. Maggie's morning started off at 6am. She woke me up whimpering. I took her temperature, 97.9. Same as last night. She followed me around while I was getting ready, making sure that I didn't get too far away. Then, I realized she might actually not be faking this time. So, I called the vet, and was about to load her up in the car, and out the first one popped! She was so stunned, and so was I, we forgot what to do. Then my mind came back, and I realized that this little guy couldn't breathe until I pulled the sack off its face. Welcome chocolate boy #1. After some frantic phone calls to Drake(the father)'s Dad, Wes, we waited an hour and a half for number two. She arrived at 9:10, and was a black female. #3 came about ten minutes later, and is a brindle male. Next a black male with white paws and a white stripe on his forehead. Fifth was another black male, but with brown paws. We finally got another little girl who was brindle at 10:10am. Number 7 was another chocolate male, and lastly was a black male with white paws. Now I am sure you are thinking, "hey, I thought there was only 6". Well, you can imagine our surprise, as we were cleaning up thinking we were through after our little girl. Out pops another, and then another. After a quick trip to the vet, we have a clean bill of health for everyone. Maggie is a very attentive momma, and is nursing wonderfully. Currently, everyone is napping...except Drake, who is out acting a fool in the yard probably eating his own poop. Just kidding.

No comments: