Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beware, more creepy cervix talk.

Yesterday was just not my day. I felt miserable most of the day. So here is my attempt at a mass apology to anyone I may have offended. I am sorry.
We waited to see Dr. Connor for almost 2 hours. TJ was politely irate by the time we finally got to see her, but she was very thorough and answered all of our questions. TJ and I were both impressed by her. I liked her small hands.
We haven't made much progress though. I am 1 and a half centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. I am in the latent phase of labor and the duration is different for everyone. She said it could be soon or right around the due date...at this point it is hard to tell. I was disappointed to say the least, but I started having hard contractions about an hour after we left. I had them for about two hours, pretty consistently. Then they went away. I got a great nights sleep, and I have been having cramps and contractions all morning. It could be from the pelvic exam or it could be progress! I am hoping for progress! But, if nothing else happens, we are getting an ultrasound to check her size on Wednesday, followed by another check of the cervix. Yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

medailey said...

I will pray for progress...for your's and TJ's sake!