Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, I am still here (at work that is).

We had the most wonderful Baby Shower at the Esdale's home on Saturday night. The food was delicious, and I hope everyone else had as good of a time as TJ and I did! Here is some commentary along with pictures (thanks to Angela and Allen!).

I am huge. These images only prove that I have eaten my way through the past 2 months. And while it may appear that I am drinking for two, keep in mind, it is only water in a wine glass.
Allison and I had a running joke that my little girl was going to be a super girly ballerina and her little boy would be a drama queen. So she got Avery a "tutu". My three chins thought it was funny too. Too bad I didn't think ahead and get Riley some tights and a Mardi Gras mask. Perhaps there is still time!
TJ couldn't hold back from opening some gifts as well! I think he is going to be a great Daddy!

And here is the proud Grandma Ahma...which does in fact have a silent "h" in it.

This is the softest bear that Isabella and Benjamin picked out for Avery. Their parents were some of the hosts at this shower.


This is TJ trying to figure out why the "Moses Basket" has handles if you aren't supposed to carry it with the baby inside.

It was a great party! Thank you to all who came and those who hosted it! We are so fortunate to have such wonderful friends!

In other news, Evan made it back from Europe last night. He did a tour of London, Paris, and Rome. He had great trip, and as always, brought back some hilarious stories. He also did a little shopping for baby gear while in Rome. Little Avery now has her very first designer item, a snow jacket with mittens from a very stylish designer (whose name evades me right now, uhh Baby Brain!). The best part is that Evan was shopping in a designer baby store. Ohhh the mental images. Too bad he didn't bring pictures back of that!

Melanie surprised me this morning with a beautiful blanket that she made!!! It is the sweetest and softest thing I have ever seen! It is perfectly green to match Avery's room! I will post pictures of it at a later date, perhaps even with Avery wrapped up in it!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I am actually sitting down reading the book right now! I mailed Avery's gift yesterday so you should get it today or tomorrow. How did your doctor's visit go?