Monday, January 5, 2009

Complainer Alert

The Countdown is on. Feel free to place bets on when Avery will be born. Master P has already picked February 1st. He says she will make her grand entrance into the world just as Bruce Springsteen is singing "Born in the USA" at the half time show of Super Bowl 43. I love the irony, and how much thought he put into it. I am still liking February 3rd, although I would love, love, love it if she came a week earlier than that! Apparently, the only cure for all that ails me, is delivery. No one discusses how difficult it can be when nearing the end! Sure, sure, everyone knows that you get nauseated in the beginning. But they don't know about the pelvic pain, the incessant sleepiness, the back aches, how incredibly difficult it becomes to sleep, and even worse, roll over in bed-All this, and I am not even to the labor and delivery part (and trust me, I left out the things I shouldn't discuss via Internet). Forgive me for complaining. I am sure there are people out there who loved every minute of pregnancy. I have read your blogs, and I think you are full of crap. I don't want to be a complete Debby Downer. I whole heartedly believe that Avery is worth ever second of it. Now, do Mommy (and subsequently, Daddy) a little favor, and push yourself out!

2 comments:

Kara said...

i'm putting my money on the 4th.

laura said...

I would like to say that she will come on the 2nd, see her shadow and then decide to stay in for a few more days. Then she will decide to come on February 9th as that day is a full moon and there is a crater on the moon named Avery.
P.S. Did you know that Avery means "Elf Counsel". I am not sure what that even means although I am willing to bet Aunt Kara could get some mileage out of that.