Friday, January 23, 2009

TMI alert...don't read this post if you are easily grossed out!

I went to see Dr. Waller yesterday for the 37 1/2 week appointment. Avery is doing great, her heart rate was 150, and all of my levels were good. As for the pelvic exam, we had good results, but I was not expecting it to be so painful! The last one I had wasn't bad at all, but I suppose once the baby starts to drop, everything begins to hurt! I am sure you are ready for me to get to the point...drum roll, please. We are 1 centimeter dilated, and he said the cervix is very soft! Now, all the books say that the majority of women begin to dilate around this time, and still deliver right about their due date, so don't go getting any ideas. I have resigned myself to the fact that she is not coming out until February. Dr. W says expect her between the two due dates (the 6th and the 11th), which works well, since I have been going by the 9th. He does not think she will overstay her welcome with the progress we have already made. So that is good news! He also said he would induce before February 18th, should she become stubborn. So at the very longest, she is 26 days away. He says most babies come within 2-3 days of their due dates, so not to worry about it! We go back next Wednesday for the 38 1/2 week appointment, and hopefully we will have made even more progress!

2 comments:

Searcy Yoder said...

and your best friend, searcy, was there to hold your hand. you forgot the most important part!

Kara said...

ewwww. just kidding, i'm getting so excited to meet this little munchkin! (i'm still banking on an early delivery on the fourth)