Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Daughter and Fun

"And that’s what this whole thing is about. Calling home. Instinctively. Even when all the paperwork—a marriage license, a notarized deed, two birth certificates, and seven years of tax returns—clearly indicates you’re an adult, but all the same, there you are, clutching the phone and thanking God that you’re still somebody’s daughter." ~ Kelly Corrigan from The Middle Place

So I am a blog thief. I stole that quote from Mary Tyler Head's blog. I haven't seen her since high school, but I am stealing from her. It just made so much sense. I agree with it totally. I am so excited I am about to become a mother, but I am equally and perhaps even more thrilled that I get to share it with my mom. Don't get me wrong, TJ will be the one with me in the delivery room. But Jane Ann has been there, and felt all the same things that I do, and it was about me. How lucky I am to be having a little girl.

On a less sentimental note, I have decided to work only half days until Avery is born. I am feeling better already. I go home at 12:30ish and make some lunch, and then I take a nap for as long I can. My energy level has stabilized, and I am more productive while I am actually at work. I also have time to cook dinner and run an errand or two if needed. My stress level has dropped dramatically, and I am not nearly as desperate for it to end!

Searcy and I cooked dinner last night for TJ. She made the Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake and I made Turkey Tortilla Soup. It was most delicious. But that's not what I wanted to write about. While I was searching for my soup recipe, I had the brilliant idea of getting down on the floor so I could see my recipe books better. I am sure you can see where this is going. Searcy makes a comment about how I better not go into labor on the floor because there is no way she could get me up. So after I locate the recipe, I try to get up...yeah, right. Picture my huge self, in lounge clothes, on a very slippery wooden floor, trying desperately to stand. Had I been alone, I probably would have had to re-enact the "I've fallen and I can't get up!" skit on the LifeLine commercial. Luckily, Searcy to the rescue, and she, after several failed attempts and a lot of laughing and pointing, got me up. Let's just say, I won't be trying that again anytime soon.

Tomorrow, I am going to see the doctor. We should have a better idea of when Ms. Avery will make her debut after that appointment. I will post as soon as I know something!

2 comments:

Searcy Yoder said...

have you ever been white water rafting or canoeing and had to pull someone back in the boat? well, the stance you take is to lean over and grab them under their arms, then fall backwards as you pull them on top of yourself back into the boat. That was the angle I went for yesterday.Grab under the arms and fall backwards!!!

Kara said...

BAHHAAH...oh the mental image. too good.