Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun with Jake and Carolyn, coyote, etc.

Wednesday afternoon Avery and I went to the Dwyer residence for a little conversation and some swimming! It took Carolyn and I about an hour to get the babies dressed in their swimmy best, get the float blown up, and slather everyone in some chemical free sunscreen. Then, as we were about to go outside, it started raining! What a disappointment. Luckily, the storm blew over in just a little while and we were able to take the beb's out! By that time though they were both about to fall asleep in the pool! We took these photos when we realized we had a few minutes to kill while it rained. I love Avery's face in the first one!

All dressed up and nowhere to go! Don't you just love Jakey's little board shorts?
They were so kind to snug up so we could take this photo!

And this is Avery giving Jake some flying lessons. He looks so concerned about her.
This was Avery's morning activity while I got dressed today. She loves that little machine because it plays so many different songs and noises!

Just hanging out in Mommy and Daddy's bed (TJ lays her down in the bed with me after her morning bottle (that is their special time together), and she loves to try to wake me up! She talks and coos and squeals at me to get me to play with her. It's really cute!)


This is the coyote puppy TJ and Justin caught and brought home to me. He was so cute! Searcy and I played with him, and if he hadn't smelled like an incontinent homeless man, I might have tried to keep and tame him. Maggie would whip that kid into shape...but, they took him back to the woods. And yes, I did wash my hands thoroughly after touching him.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki:

This video is also before the swimming lesson, and I didn't realize I was filming the whole thing, but I had to post it because Avery sneezed on Jake, which normally wouldn't be funny (you know the whole germ/disease spreading phobia I have), but Jake had just sneezed on Avery. Carolyn was apologizing for him, and I had just finished saying, "Don't worry, I'm sure she will get him back." Two minutes later, as I am filming, she drops two bombs on him, and hence, me giggling in the video.

The last thing I want to post about today is our 4 month doctors appointment, even though Avery is 4 1/2 months exactly. She weighed in at an astonishing 16 pounds 4 ounces and was 25 1/2 inches long. That is the 90th percentile for her age and gender. Wow! Big girl! The other exciting news came when Dr. Winston told me, "Avery is at least a month ahead developmentally." Can I stress that those are the most awesome words a parent could hear? It was like I did something right, even though it has nothing to do with anything I did or didn't do. She said because she is "tripod-ing", which is the precursor to sitting up unassisted, squealing, and rolling front to back and back to front, she is acting more like a 5 1/2 moth old! G Daddy's been saying she is going to be smarter than all of us!

3 comments:

Rebecca Beers said...

OMG, T she is so adorable I cannot even stand it!!!! All of the michelin man rolls on her arms and legs kill me - I want to squeeze her so hard!!! I'm so excited about her ADVANCED-ness :) She seemed pretty dang smart to me when we met! I can't wait to see her again soon!!!

Olivia said...

Now that Aves is in the 90th percentile, what size is she wearing? I will be at home a lot more now and want to make her a super cute-girly outfit.

Kara said...

That first picture kills me! bhahahahaah....So happy that the doctor said her brain is thriving! can't wait to read her shakespeare and tolkien....hahaha.