Monday, June 1, 2009

A little "Anchorman" on a Monday

We had a much needed, very relaxing, and productive weekend at our house! Friday night, TJ and I went to the Ron White show at MPAC. It was incredibly crude, but if you could get past that, he was pretty funny. We did leave early though, which was nice. We had dinner at Olive Room! If you haven't had their West Indies Salad, you are really missing out. It is so delicious! Then we went home. Mom was there with Avery, who was already asleep. We both had to go peek in on her. I had a serious urge to wake her up and play with her, but I did not follow through. She was so peaceful there in her crib.
Saturday, TJ and I planted one of our flower beds in the front yard. I had been wanting to start this project for a long time! Avery napped on a blanket in the shade while we worked. We planted Fatsia, Caladiums, Hydrangeas, Begonias, and confederate jasmine to fill in our bare spots. We have a mostly shady yard, so it was somewhat difficult to find plants that like a lot of shade. We still have one and half other beds that need to be planted. We all slept great after such a hard days work. Avery, my little angel, slept for 12 hours straight!!!!!! It was incredible! I felt so refreshed on Sunday morning, that I got up and went yogging before church (apparently, you just run.)
Avery fell asleep just as we were about to leave for church, so TJ graciously volunteered to stay with her so I could go to Riley's Christening. It was such a nice service, and we had a delicious lunch at the Godwin's after. Then, Kara came into town to see Othello at ASF, which was so good! Kara and I agree that it is one of Shakespeare's best! She spent the night, so we got to visit while TJ smoked some tuna. Evan, Searcy, and Scott Shashy came over for a beer after Aves went to sleep. And, luckily for us, Scott brought his Ipod, which just happened to have his latest creative endeavor: GumpStain Rap. Yes, that's right. Scott is now a rapper, and a dang good one, I might add. My personal favorite song was "Love 4 da' Gump", in which he raps about his love for all things Montgomery, such as Myrtlewood, Pinehurst, and Mulberry Street. It really is awesome. I think we should begin a petition for Scott to make a whole album! I would buy it!

Here is Aves chillin' in the backyard.
PEAS!

Here is Maggie acting like a goat in the tree stump land in our backyard.

This is rapper "Ay-Vree", she will be starring in Scott's music video.





No comments: