Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the thrifty side of me + Aves in da' crib.

Remember when I was saying that Avery wakes up in different and strange positions in the morning...well I captured it on video today! It starts off dark, because I had not turned on the light yet. Smart, I know.

On another subject, I am not sure what it is about becoming a mom that makes you more thrifty. Perhaps it is the fact that you have to provide for another person all the time, but I have become a coupon-er. A lot of my friends who are also moms have turned into penny pincher's, and can find any deal within 100 miles. I am just beginning to see the beauty of saving money, I mean who doesn't want to pay less for what you have to buy anyway. I saved $33 yesterday at Winn Dixie, even though I would much prefer to grocery shop at Publix. But couponing is easier at Winn Dixie, and their prices are lower to begin with. It does take a little time, but I was so proud of myself that my grocery bill was $59 instead of $92, that I had to post about it! It is especially helpful since I try to buy as much organic as I can, it makes the bill seem more like I am buying at a non-organic price. Ok, enough about that. Avery and I are going swimming at Carolyn's this afternoon, and I can't wait to get some super cute photos of Aves and Jake for tomorrow's post!

3 comments:

Kara said...

i can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me heart when she makes her little noises.

Anonymous said...

i can't even begin to tell you the way my dog responded to those little avery noises. a-ttention!

and it's so sexy when you talk thrifty tracy. ;)

Tracy Williford said...

thanks Cris :)