Friday, June 19, 2009

A little Chat with Uncle Evan

Avery has a new trick! Squealing is now her favorite thing! She does it all waking moments! It is very cute...for now.

TJ is so cute! Every night, he begs me to pick her up out of her crib and move her to our bedroom so he can spend some time with her. And every night I have to be mean and say no so that she can get a full nights sleep! I want to play with her too, but if we get her off her sleep schedule, she is not a happy camper!

We are taking her to the beach today. This will be her second trip down there, and I am hoping to take her to the ocean (we stay on the bay side, so we normally do pool rather than salt water). I would also love to take her putting around the bay in the boat! So I have a life jacket for her (thanks to Jane Ann), a floatie seat, and a rockin' cute bathing suit! She liked her baby pool so much the other day, I just know she will love the ocean and a real pool! She is turning into such a wonderful little girl, I wonder how we ever got so lucky.

In other news, TJ "rotisserated" a chicken last night, and it was quite beautiful...and it tasted pretty good too. I made a very different kind of potato salad, and a green bean casserole that TJ said was, "The best I have ever eaten!" Can I tell you how proud that made me? Since they were both so good and easy, I thought I would share the recipes:

Red Potato Salad:

3 lbs organic small red potatoes

1 pkg dry ranch dressing

2 scallions (chopped finely)

1/2 cup mayo

1/2 cup organic milk

1 quart organic chicken stock (or however much it takes to cover the potatoes in pot, I added some water to mine)

Bring your potatoes in the chicken stock to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 20 min). Stir remaining ingredients together and let sit in refrigerator. When potatoes are done, remove from heat, strain, and chop into bit size pieces. Then toss with dressing mixture and serve warm or cold...I preferred it cold!

Green Bean Casserole:

1 can Organic green beans (drained)

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 handfuls of Organic Crispy Onions

Literally, I just mixed the beans, soup and one handful of onions in a casserole dish. Then I topped it with more onions...and it was great!

1 comment:

Kara said...

pterodactyl baby! - love it, evan